One of the most common questions a person asks when he/she is is thinking about creating a website or blog. Well, this is a beginner-level question and I will try to answer it precisely.
Do I Really Need To Buy A Domain Name?
Yes, if you want to create a website or blog for a long-term goal. Then you must buy a domain name. It helps in establishing your brand name and informs everyone that you are serious about your business.
Reasons You Should Have A Proper Domain Name
- A good domain name is easily memorable
- It provides the customer or visitor a way to trust your website or brand
- Using a domain name instead of a free subdomain gives you the freedom of submitting t to a search engine (Search Console, Bing Webmaster)
- You may have started a website as a hobby but it may later become a business or could give you an opportunity to learn and grow in your career
Things To Keep In Mind While You Buy A Domain Name
- Keep your domain name short and easy to remember
- Use correct spellings that can be pronounced without any confusion
- Stick with .com domains. They are generally better than .net, .info, .biz, .co, etc.
- Don’t use dashes, abbreviations, or numbers in your domain name.
Don’t buy a domain without researching its past history: Was it involved in any legal or trademark disputes? Were the previous owners engaging in poor SEO tactics? You can use online tools to find some basic background information before you make the purchase.