What Is An SEO administrator?
An SEO administrator is responsible for creating and implementing SEO strategies for the promotion of a website. He/she has to manage Site audit, site indexing, rank tracking, backlink creation, keyword research, content strategy, and many other aspects of digital marketing.
The term SEO administrator is sometimes used in place of “SEO manager”.
What Is The Job Description of An SEO Administrator?
Here are a few things that are expected of an SEO administrator.
- Performing keyword research to find long-tail keywords with good volume and search intent
- Creating a content strategy based on keyword research
- Finding and implementing search engine optimization (SEO) strategies
- Creating a strategy for Social Media Marketing (SMM) and Social Media Optimization (SMO)
- Running PPC campaigns
- Creating and implementing a Backlink creation strategy
- Audit technical SEO and resolve issues & recommend fixes
- Optimize website landing pages, content, mobile-friendliness and speed
- Generating reports to show progress and change in overall website performance
Skills Required For An SEO Administrator
These are the basic skills that a company or client is looking for a person applying for the post of SEO administrator.
- Working knowledge of CMS like WordPress, Magento, Shopify, Bigcommerce, etc.
- Experience of SEO tools like SEMrush, Ahref, Moz, Screaming Frog, Hootsuite, Buffer, etc
- Experience in implementing and using GTM, Google Analytics, Search Console
- Experience in keyword research with Google keyword planner, Google Trends, etc.
- Excellent communication and data analysis skills
I hope you got the idea of what an SEO admin is and what skills you must have to get a job title like this.
SEO administrator is the person who has to manage all the tasks that come under the broad spectrum of digital marketing for improving the online presence and targeted traffic of a website.